Friday, September 2, 2011

Gonzo & Camilla

I find painting to be among the most relaxing methods of relieving stress, though I can imagine how others may view it as more of a burdening and stress-evoking activity if the sole intent is to create nothing short of a masterpiece.  When composing these works in the privacy of your own abode, you can throw all the rules you learned in art class aside and literally go with the flow.  There is just something about the smooth strokes of the brush swirling through pools of the creamy medium that offers a sense of calm and sensitivity.  I often sit down with a blank canvas before me and not so much as a drop of a plan, but rather let the colors and artistic nature of the paints serve as my inspiration.  As a result, these paintings are abstract and free of structure and form. However, there are those moments where I do in fact wish to start with an idea and carry it through to a finished product.  In these instances, I search for a subject that is fun and enlightening in itself, one that I can proudly display and know that it will provide me with a sense of joy whenever I look upon it.  Here I present the comical duo, Gonzo and his, shall we say unconventional, girlfriend, Camilla.  I believe it would be difficult for anyone to glance into the eyes of this couple and spare even the slightest appreciation of what they stand for.

No comments:

Post a Comment